What is Transition Coaching?
- It is confidential, individualized and life changing.
- The coach provides support, encouragement, guidance and reinforcement.
- The coach provides structure and accountability.
- The coach focuses on the present. The point of power is always in the present moment.
- The coach believes each person is an expert in his or her own life and, with support, clients have the resources and creativity to create their own solutions.
- The coach asks powerful questions that create a new level of clarity.
- The coach reflects back what the client has said and can offer different perspectives.
How does Transition Coaching work?
- We usually meet twice a month for one hour by phone, on Zoom, on FaceTime or in person.
- The client and the coach set the agenda for each session.
- The client is willing to stretch beyond his/her current comfort zone.
- The client approaches his/her challenges with a growth mindset.
- The client arrives for each session on time and provides 24-hour notice if a session must be cancelled; otherwise the client will be charged for the session.
- The client and coach set goals focused on specific challenges and then take actions to achieve their goals.
- The client arrives both physically and mentally prepared for each session.